Last winter was hard for me, and the spring was not much better (possibly even worse). I was losing joy in things that I always loved, and unfortunately, Wonky Critters was one of those things. I felt resentment towards my work, and no longer was proud of what I was doing. I felt less like a handmade business owner, who has worked from the bottom up to get where I was, and more like a heartless, monster making robot.
Long story short, I had to walk away.
And I'm sorry that I did so with little to no warning, or explanation. Multiple people have said to me how upset they were by the absence of Wonkies this year, and I have to agree, it has been quite upsetting.
I've stepped away, taken some deep breaths, and I'm ready to get back to business! I have missed each and every one of you wonderful people, and I am so excited to reconnect with you all.
Some things I've done this year:
- I went back to making traditional art, and painting. If you would like to see some of my work, you can do so on Art of Tranifer Lovely Facebook page.
- I stopped wearing color, and have gone back to my old ways of wearing all black (I know, I know, I'm not sure why...)
- I've gotten A LOT of new tattoos!
- I've participated in some peaceful protests and rallies.
- I now have teal mermaid hair.
- I am half way through writing my novel for NaNoWriMo!
I promise I will start creating and posting again, starting right now!
Happy November, friends.